Sea, Sky and Prairie
From the islands of Haida Gwaii, where ancient First Nations villages are hidden among the rainforest and orca whales swim the open Pacific Ocean, to the plains of eastern Alberta, home to a rich farming and ranching heritage that remains as strong as it ever was, the area covered by these GPS Maps is one of stark contrast and incredible adventure opportunity. The ancient trading routes of the Chilcotin steppe, the laid-back counterculture of the Kootenays, the sky-scraping peaks of the Rocky Mountains and the recreation-rich expanse of the Alberta foothills all combine to create one of the most stunning regions in Canada, and these GPS Maps are your ultimate guide to making the most out of your adventure.
BC & Alberta GPS Maps at a Glance:
- Designed for industry use and outdoor recreationists, this product combines all of BC & Alberta into one Backroad GPS Map, from Vancouver Island and Haida Gwaii to the eastern Alberta prairies.
- Over 1,093,000 km of our backroads network combined into one map, including over 517,000 km of routable roads including 23,000 km+ of newly enhanced and named Forest Service Roads and backroads.
- Lake Bathymetry depth contour for close to 2,000 fishing lakes, rivers, and streams.
- Searchable Oil and Gas LSD Grid Locations, Compressor Stations, Gas Plants, Wellsites and other resource facilities
- Clearly defined private and leased land in BC for anglers, hunters and campers.
- Address Search and Township & Range Selection in Alberta makes navigating easier than ever.
- Smart background and searchable Wildlife Management Units (WMUs) for hunters.
- Thousands of kilometres of ATV Trails, snowmobile routes, multi-use hiking, biking and cross-country skiing trails and paddling routes, with marked trailheads and access points/portages, including 7,300+ km of added motorized trails and 2,000+ km of added multi-use trails.
- Tens of thousands of fishing hotspots, parks and conservation areas, campsites, hunting areas, winter recreation areas and more.
- Over 77,000 searchable land and water geographic features.
- Enhanced cartography for improved display of parks, conservation areas, Crown lands, creeks and activity Points of Interest.
- Improved snowmobile route lines, First Nations reserve coverage and railway corridor mile markers.